Part 1 志愿者申请
Part 2 堪培拉地区农业耕作介绍
11. the city is different to other Australian cities because
A. it is an inland city
12. what kind of information should be recorded?
B. numbers of forests
13. what does he think of local rainfall?
C. not reliable/predictable
14. What is the problem of soil in Canberra?
A. it stops plants from getting enough water
15. E offering shade
16. F inside house
17. C near water
18. A west, near fence
19. B ventilate, close to street
Part 3 与音乐相关的论文讨论
21. why do Sarah and James choose rock music in the experiment?
A. it will produce more measurable results
22. what does James say about the book Building A case?
B. it offers practical help
23. why does Sarah add some statistics in their experiment? 为什么Sarah
C. she thinks it will make her better with figures
24. what are the relations of the study of Warwick University with that in Sarah and James’s?
B. physical results
25. what are the main focuses of the study of Sydney University?
A. the relationship between music and relaxation
26. The University of Lowa?
B. the number of people used was too small.
27. limitation of the self-written questionnaire: E. get additional materials from the internet
28. the complaint with the disturbance: F. borrow equipment
29. the unreliability of CD players: A. get help from technicians
30. the insufficient time of writing report: D. divide the workload
Part 4 最古老的机械电脑
31. it was in the cargo of a ship that sank about 2000 years ago
32. people find an item that was assumed to be a lump of rock
33. one machine, called a Dome, can take photographs with light coming from different angles
34. this has made far more of the inscriptions on the mechanism legible
35. the blade runner was originally designed to examine engines for cracks
36. the mechanism is thought to have been mounted in a wood frame
37. the person simply rotated a handle to operate the gear wheels
38. the mechanism could predict when an eclipse
39. it helped in planning the timing for the agricultural and religious calendar of events
40. a number of clocks were made, providing astronomical information as well as showing the time of day
School leavers go travelling or work before they go directly to the university. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages on their study?